From:
"Glenn W. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn W. Gale
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1993 11:47:28 -0500
     Since there has been no hockey-l poll since Brown moved into sole posse
sion of third place in the ECAC, the poster of the original note on this
subject is complaining about a snubbing before it has occurred.  However, he
presents a convincing case for Brown.  I have certainly been impressed with
their recent results (Clarkson fans are waiting for them to lose, but it
just hasn't happened), though I haven't seen any of the games.  I thought
the game they played here in Potsdam was mediocre at best for both teams,
and though I think Clarkson had a slight edge in the play it's tough to tell
much from that game.  It should be an outstanding contest next weekend in
the rematch at Brown, where the Knights can leapfrog Brown in the standings
if they win.  Anyhow, I believe Brown deserves respect.  The win over Lake
Superior is impressive (though the drubbingsubsequent drubbing from Maine doesn't
help).
     By the way, if RPI fans' behavior is used as a yardstick, can any team
other than the Engineers claim to have any respect?

-Glenn