Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1993 22:51:18 EST
First of all, I am a women's hockey fan as well as
a men's fan.  I, however, see the ban on checking in
women's hockey as not only sexist, but stupid.  There
are many times when a check would be the intelligent
thing.  Playing defense becomes almost impossible
without any ability to hit.  How many of you actually
watched the entire NHL All-Star game this year without
turning it off due to boredom.  It got stupid.

And why shouldn't women be allowed to check???
Anyone who has ever watched a women's basketball or
field hockey game knows hitting can be done.
Besides, it would be Rebecca Lowry laying on the
body (5'8"), and not Chris Thierin (6'5").

As in men's hockey, I do not like goon-fests and
stupid fights, but I do like to see good defense.
Besides, to truly appreciate an offensive player's
skills, we have to see them up against a defense,
not traffic cops.  Let 'em bump, it would definitely
make the game so much better.

Tony  BU'92
(Masters '93)