From:
"Glenn W. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glenn W. Gale
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1993 21:20:04 -0500
     Five third period goals capped off Clarkson's 9-0 thrashing of Union
College tonight.  The only Golden Knight with more than one goal was Todd
Marchant, with two.  Again the line of Marchant/Tuomainnen/Belanger was
impressive, piling up a slew of points.  Less frequently used players saw
a good deal of ice time tonight, though, and backup goalie Jason Currie got
the shutout.  I believe the shot total was 40-23 in Clarkson's favor (at
least on the scoreboard).
     The Knights have four tough games remaining against Yale, Princeton,
Brown and Harvard.  The race for the last home ice spot for the ECAC playoffs
is tight.  At last notice, St. Lawrence was losing to RPI, and Brown was
winning.  Harvard was one up on Colgate and I believe Yale lost to Vermont.

-Glenn