Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1993 11:12:00 EDT
I don't normally post anything on Hockey-L, but I'd like to make one
more comment about officiating and then put it to rest.

I'm referring to last night's Clarkson-St. Lawrence contest at Cheel Arena.
For those of you who were there, you may understand. Ammian & Noeth were
the zebras (two people who I wouldn't really reccommend for the referee
hall of fame). It seemed to me that they called quite a few penalties,
especially in the first period. Granted, this is the CU-SLU rivalry and some
of those calls should have been made, but LET THEM PLAY! I'm sure almost
everybody at Cheel last night wanted to see a hockey game, not a power play
exhibition. Somebody please correct me if I'm any bit out of line by saying
this. My comments may be a little biased towards the Golden Knights, but I
still believe some of the penalties called against Clarkson and SLU should
have been let go.

Any thoughts out there?

Andy Weise
SUNY Potsdam '93