Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1993 11:35:05 -0500
        You know, it's perfectly reasonable and normal to disagree with
someone's own opinion as expressed on the net, perhaps even respond to him or
her via email, open or private. But when it becomes anonymous phone calls, well
that's way out of line.

        I returned to my room at about 10:30am this morning and found a
message on my machine that had been left there at 10:11 am. Following is a
complete uncensored transcript of the message.

        "Hey, loser! Why'd you talk about the Pep Band like that on Hockey-L,
you stupid DICK? You keep that up, I tell ya. You just gotta pay attention.
Maybe if you get your head out of your ass, you'll see the ref's sign and lots
of other things you just commented on you didn't, you stupid dick."

        This is obviously a coward. If he wanted to say this, he should've
wrote to me on private email. I have absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for
harrassing phone messages. If someone wants to say the above to me, I'd rather
it be face-to-face or at least sign his name to it.

        To the person who did this- I challenge you to come forward to me on
private email, otherwise consider yourself a coward. By the way, what do you
mean by "You keep that up, I tell ya...". Yeah, and what? Was that a threat?

        By the way, phone messages like that are illegal.

        To my fellow Hockey-L users- I post this here because it was obviously
a member of the list who did this. True he is obviously an RPI student, and
maybe a Pep Band member even, but he is also a member of Hockey-L, thus this
matter concerns us all. What if this guy starts calling the Cornell Hockey-Lers
before the next RPI-Cornell game, for example?

        Yes, I do run a harsh opinion column from my account. Yes, most of you
might have disagreed at some point with something or everything I've said. And
some of what I write is intended for humor purposes. But outside of hockey, I'm
a real nice guy, and I'm sure all of you are too, as well as the players and
refs we watch. However, this coward has taken his views off the net or out of
the field house and onto my answering machine anonymously.

        I feel sorry for this person. As I've heard said,"Cowards die a
thousand deaths..."

-Rich Vehlow, [log in to unmask]