Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1992 12:13:21 EST
>{Note: I don't think it is still the case, but for many years RPI held an NCAA
>record for the longest football losing streak).

I didn't know about RPI, but for years, Northwestern University (now, why
don't they have varsity hockey team, while UIC does?) had the NCAA Div. I
losing streak at 34 games.  This record was broken by my alma mater,
Columbia University, in 1987.  Columbia went on to lose a total of 44 games
in a row.  We didn't win a football game during all of my four years of
college.

Let's just say that it was refreshing when I switched to Minnesota and hockey.
My first year there, I got season tickets, and saw every home game, right up
to the NC$$ Phinal against the Harvard Crimson.  Columbia taught me
a very important lesson: "You can always tell a Harvard man, but you can't
tell him much."

-Martin