From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1992 18:34:32 EDT
Carl Lindberg writes:
>Nov. 27 (Fri)           at Toronto Durcell Challenge
>Nov. 28 (Sat)           at Toronto Durcell Challenge
>       (what exactly is this?  any info, like what
>        teams, etc., would be appreciated)

The teams involved are Colgate, Toronto, Lake Superior State, and York, and
according to TSN, Colgate will play Toronto on the 27th, while Lake Superior
plays York.  Then on the 28th, Colgate plays York and Lake Superior goes up
against Toronto.  It looks like this "Challenge" is neither a round-robin
tournament (in which each team would play the other three) nor a traditional
two-day tournament (there appears to be no consolation or championship game
scheduled).  If TSN's schedule is correct, perhaps this is a case of both
Toronto and York wanting to play a couple of US teams, and electing to play
all the games in one arena, with a corporate sponsor.  A bit of a strange
arrangement, but I suppose it would cut down on the traveling...
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94