From:
Richard K Hooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1992 09:10:42 EDT
With the Sabres on strike, college hockey finishing, and my son's squirt
team over, I had to get my fix of hockey somewhere.  This was exciting
hockey played by some great young kids.  It looks like the state of
Michigan has strong hockey at all levels.  Not only did their teams
excel but Ryan Sittler who played for the Midget finalists Buffalo
Regals is headed for Univ. of Michigan in the Fall.

This past weekend, the Tier I USA Hockey National Championships for
Pee Wee (13 & under), Bantam (15 & under), and Midget (17 & under)
were held in Buffalo, NY.

Results:

Pee Wee  -  Michigan G.P.D. (8) defeated Boston Junior Bruins (3)
Bantam   -  Buffalo Saints (4) defeated Detroit Little Ceasars (3)
Midget   -  Detroit Little Ceasars (7) defeated Buffalo Regals (4)

Participating Teams:

Pee Wee
   Region 1 - New England        Mid-Fairfield
   Region 2 - New York           Buffalo Regals
   Region 3 - Mid-America        Philadelphia Jr. Flyers
   Region 4 - Michigan           G.P.D.
   Region 5 - Massachusetts      Boston Jr. Bruins
   Region 6 - Central            Chicago Young Americans
   Region 7 - Western            Alaska All-Stars
   Region 8 - Host               Rochester Americans

Bantam
   Region 1 - New England        C.L.C.F. - Cranston R.I.
   Region 2 - New York           Buffalo Saints
   Region 3 - Mid-America        Washington Little Capitols
   Region 4 - Michigan           Detroit Little Ceasars
   Region 5 - Massachusetts      Middlesex Braves
   Region 6 - Central            Team Illinois
   Region 7 - Western            Anchorage North Stars
   Region 8 - Host               Amherst Knights

Midget
   Region 1 - New England        Northern Maine
   Region 2 - New York           Buffalo Regals
   Region 3 - Mid-America        Team Toledo
   Region 4 - Michigan           Detroit Little Ceasars
   Region 5 - Massachusetts      Cape Cod Whalers
   Region 6 - Central            Chicago Young Americans
   Region 7 - Western            Fairbanks Alaska
   Region 8 - Host               Rochester Americans