From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 90 16:57:03 EST
Bill writes:
>Incidentally, Vermont did beat Middlebury on the day before Thanksgiving, by
>a 5-4 score.

    Thanks very much for tracking down this score from the Twilight Zone.
    I thought I'd never see it.

>     ice says she saw the puck ON the line, but not OVER it.  Anybody know
>     what the TV replays, if any, showed?

    I think the replay was not conclusive, although I'm not sure.

>     period, when a shoving match broke out with 53 seconds left.  Colgate
>     defenseman Bob Haddock had his arm wrapped around Kent Manderville's
>     neck when the officials came in to break the skirmish up.  After that,
>     Haddock skated away and suddenly went after Dragon.  Haddock was given
>     a roughing minor and a 10-minute misconduct, and Dragon also got a
>     minor and a misconduct for getting in the way or something.

    I can't recall Dragon doing anything either.  It should have been
    Manderville who went off, not Dragon!

    I remembered the whistle in the pocket incident after I sent that
    message.  You said it was a shaky game for him - does he usually
    do a better job?

>                                                          Harvard has beaten
>     the Big Red in ten straight regular-season contests, and they seem to
>     have their usual collection of talent (6.8 goals per game in the ECAC),

    Of course, as you said, all those wins came against Brown, Yale, Army,
    and Dartmouth.  Against Princeton, BU, and BC, they averaged 1.3 goals
    per game and lost all three.  I fail to see why they are getting votes
    for the top 10.

    BTW fans, last night New Hampshire (8-3-0, 1-2-0 Hockey East) rolled
    over Lowell (3-6-1, 1-3-1 Hockey East), 7-3.

    - mike