From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1992 12:13:59 EST
Dave Parter writes [in reference to last weekend's CC sweep of Wisconsin]:
>I don't want to make excuses for the team, but I'm wondering if having
>last week off (after winning the Saturday night game with Minnesota)
>hurt them (as having the week off after sweeping Northern Michigan a
>few weeks ago seemed to take the edge off when they went to Duluth).

    .... which raises a further question in my mind:  Why has the HEA and
ECAC chosen to conclude their schedule a full week before the CCHA and WCHA,
thereby ensuring the HE and ECAC representatives to the NC$$ Tournament will
have a week off between HockeyFest and NC$$ Regional Play ??  I agree with
Dave that this break in rhythm is not necessarily an advantage, and can take
the edge off a team that had been playing well.  The Eastern conferences
have adopted this tactic for some years now - why not bring all the DivI
leagues into synch by simply starting league play one week later in Nov. ??
As inter-league play slowly expands as a consequence of the growth in CCHA
and WCHA conference membership, having all of DivI on a similar calendar
would obviously simplify scheduling of inter-league matches, and enhance
the marketability of ideas such as the "Division-Wide Inter-League Weekend"
proposed by Shawn Walsh.

Is there a conflict with Boston Garden over scheduling of HockeyFest ??
Do the HE and ECAC coaches/ADs actually prefer a week off before the
start of NC$$ play ??
					Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim

Go 'Cats
Hope to see y'all at HockeyFest !!