From:
Andrew D Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 90 10:47:34 EST
Hi,
Cornell played an exihibition game on Saturday, and kept me a little
nervous.  The Red jumped out to a two nothing lead in the first five
minutes of the game.  The Waterloo team, held a little much, making for
a lot of penalties.  Both teams scored two power play goals.  Waterloo
came out strong in the second period scoring three times.  (Cornell
switched goalies after 11:00 in the second period, according to plan.
Coincidentally, it was right after Waterloo's first goal.  D'Alessio had
11 saves and one goal in 31 mins.)  Waterloo scored twoice more in the
second to lead going into the second intermission.  Cornell scored early
in the third to tie, and Waterloo answered to go ahead.  With :37
remaining, Andison helpd in a Ratushny slapshot to tie the game and
force an overtime.  After 3:57 of overtime, Dragon connected to win the
game.  All in all the game was ver exciting.  But I was a little
apprehensive to see Cornell close to this team in an exihibition game.
I talked to one person who said that players were still fighting for
Varsity spots, so maybe that was the reason.  Crozier seemed a bit
erratic in net.  He had several amazing saves, and a couple (two)
pathetic goals scored against him. I think D'Alessio will get the nod
this weekend.  All in all I was very happy to see the Red come back so
strong (a problem for most of last year (but not toward the end))
Let's GO RED!!!
Andy Williams