From:
"Brady W. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brady W. Clark
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 01:32:41 -0900
        First off, let me say that I'm not sure that the poster from
Minnesota should be quite so confident of beating the Seawolves next
weekend... although they fairly mauled us in the regular season this
year, they will be facing a Seawolves team who a) has never been swept
at home this year (not by CC, not by Minn, and as of tonight, not by
Denver), b) is revenously hungry for a road win, and c) is playing to
win one for a coach who has *been* Alaska hockey to a largely Alaskan
team for 17 years and is retiring after the end of this season.  I
think we'll know more after tomorrow night... there'll be a lot on the
line emotionally with it being the last home game for not only the
seniors but for the only coach that UAA has ever known... but,
especially if we can sweep Denver tomorrow night, I think it would be
a mistake not to give the Seawolves a legitimate shot... :)
        In any case, this is an interesting situation that those of us
who follow Anchorage hockey find ourselves in.  UAA's never had to
look for a coach before--Brush created the program, and has taken it
from the Beer Leagues to the WCHA.  My gut reaction would be to hope
for John Hill, UAA assistant coach until mid-season when he took an
assistant coaching job at CC.  But then, I have no idea who UAA might
end up looking at... and I hate to limit myself to the familiar... :)
Anyone out there have any ideas about who might be going after the
spot?

Brady Clark
UAA '96