From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 09:55:22 -0700
Actually according to the Rensselaer (:-)) guide in the 1984-85 season,
RPI strung 30 straight win (record 35-2-1), followed by a tie with LSSU in
the playoffs,
followed by the next two in the semis and finals to win it all, for a 33
game unbeaten streak if I read it correctly. The next season opened with
four straight wins and a tie for an overall streak of 38 unbeaten games in a
row.  I
believe Puppa left after the championship, so at most he could have won 30
in a row, or 33 unbeaten in a row.

BTW, the season previous to the championship (when I think most people
expected them to win and they didn't) they still finished 32-6!  In my
mind, the two best consecutive years in all of college hockey???  And,
arguably, perhaps the best collection of talent (ever?) in college hockey,
with the likes of Adam Oates, Darren Puppa, Ken Hammond, etc.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64