From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 11:14:33 EDT
>You RPI fans would be interested in the article the Washington Times hd
>about Joe Juneau last Saturday.  He recently signed a 4-year, $8.2
>million deal with the Washington Capitals.  The articles talks about te
>Capitals plans for Juneau, but also talks about his flying.  He spent
>lot of time this summer flying his amphibious plane to scout out a likly
>lake near home and then go fishing.

Although I have posted this story before, I will repeat it for its
appropriateness.  Juneau's method for gaining his pilot license was, in a
word, unique.  Utilizing his training in aeronautical engineering, the degree
for which he earned in only 3 years at RPI, Juneau determined that he possessed
all the training necessary to learn how to fly.  Juneau simply picked up the
book for earning a pilot's license, studied it overnight and took the test the
next day--and passed, of course.  Juneau never took a single flying lesson!
Don't be surprised if you find Juneau behind the cockpit of your airliner some
day when you board your next flight.  With the things he has accomplished, it
wouldn't surprise me.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris