From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 1994 03:11:22 -0400
Since I recieved a large number of mail messages asking for any update on
JP McKersie, I will post it to the list.

This is just about JP, there is no other hockey content.

1st, thanks to all those who sent their best wishes... I will try to forward
them along to him when possible.

My most recent information/confirmations come from a friend who just got back
from Beth Isreal Hospital, where he is staying.

First the bad news:

JP's skull is fractured, two ribs are broken, he has one punctured lung, one
wrist is broken, and his face is "very" scratched-up.  Echoing the players'
comments, she said, "He does not look good."

Now the good news:

JP became conscious and aware of his surroundings today/yesterday.  He has come
out of his coma and was aware of what was around him.  The best news, in a
wierd sort of way, is that he was so aware that they had to sedate him because
he was trying to move around and talk to the people visiting him.  Talking is
obviously not a good thing for someone with a fractured skull and punctured
lung, but at least his brain *appears* to be OK at this point.  You don't know
how much of a relief this was to people that he became aware enough to try to
talk.

Right now he needs rest... and he is resting.

Although a doctor/nurse said that he does have a long road ahead of him, it
*appears* like he'll eventually be alright.

Again, thanks to all those who sent their best wishes and I will either forward
them myself or through someone else.

Since I received too many messages to make a list of everyone (too lazy), I
will keep the list updated of any significant changes in JP's status or any
corrections that might be necessary.

As long as his brain is OK, the rest will come in time.

Thank you,

Tony