From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 00:41:34 -0400
Tony scoops:
>It was just anounced on the news that Blaine Lacher of LSSU has signed a
>free-agent contract with the Boston Bruins of the NHL.

OK, let's have a show of hands here...how many of us saw this on the
news tonight and figured we'd be the first to post it?  Walk right
over here and Dave Hendrickson will give you an honorary lifetime
membership into the Hockey Get-A-Lifers.

First thought in my mind is, what does this do to LSSU's hopes of
repeating?  And the second is what happened last time this occurred (a
star LSSU goalie leaving after a national title)...two straight trips
to the championship game and another title.

How will LSSU's goaltending be?  They had two freshmen along with
Lacher this year, Paul Sass and Sean Kulick.  I've never seen them so
I would be interested to hear how they looked this year since they saw
some time when Lacher was hurt.  But if I remember correctly, that was
also the stretch during the season where LSSU struggled.

Bob Lobel called him "Blaine Lah-sher" on channel 4, but then Bob was
never known to be much of a college hockey nut.

>Gee, does this mean I actually have to root FOR him now???

Just think, Tony, after two straight seasons of being tormented by
him, now he's on your side.  And you get to see him so many more times
now too.  How ironic...Lacher does in 3 of the 4 Beanpot teams in the
1994 NC$$s in Northeastern, Harvard, and BU, and then he comes to
Beantown.  (of course NU fans will tell you they did him in...)

This has to test JohnH's loyalty to the Red Wings...now Boston has
both Lacher and Cam Stewart...not to mention Smoke. :-)

Boston seems to be a good fit for Lacher.  His aggressiveness and fire
will endear him to the Boston fans, and considering management's
disillusionment with the goaltending this season, he's bound to get a
chance early.

Boston has, by my count, 5 goalies in their organization with college
experience: Lacher, Jon Casey (North Dakota), John Blue (Minnesota),
Mike Bales (Ohio State), and Dave Littman (BC).

Special thanks to the person who posted a week or two ago that Lacher
was going to sign with Boston.  Otherwise this news would have
surprised me...HOCKEY-L scoops again. :-)
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93