From:
"Mark A. Houseman" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1993 22:10:14 EST
In Message Tue, 28 Dec 1993 11:00:21 EST,
  S Christopher <@VMA.CC.ND.EDU:[log in to unmask]> writes:

>An earlier poster was commenting on crowds and arenas, and stated that
>Lawson arena (evidently, from what I quote below, at Western Michigan)
>has a PA announcer whose work "earns" the entire league a round of
>reminders of the guidelines for PA folks each year.  Given what's quoted
>below, there's obviously a difference of opinion about the gentleman.
>What does he do, exactly?

I'm curious too.  I've been going to WMU hockey for 3 years.  It is, in
fact, the only hockey I've ever seen.   What's different about the announcing
at Lawson compared to other arenas?  And what are the guidlelines that this
announcer needs to be reminded of each year?

I've had no problems with the job the announcer has done but as I said, I
have nothing to compare it to...

-Mark-