From:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1993 17:46:05 -0600
        Having attened CCHA games on and off since MSU entered the
conference let me express my opion on various CCHA crowds and fans

BG-I have never attended a game their but I have always been impressed by
the sprit of their road fans when they played MSU, WMU and at the Joe.
Ferris-When ever I've been there the visiting team fans seem to outnumber
the Ferris fans. It is also the coldest rink I've ever been in, in my life.
Kent St.-I've never been there, but my brother who goes to school there
says the fans are pretty quiet.
LSSU-Never been there.
Miami-Never been there.
Michigan-Michigan fans get into the game especially when the band plays.
This is the only rink where I have almost gotten into a fight for wearing
a Western shirt. Also this my be my own patricular bias growning up in
East Lansing, but I aslo think Michigan fans are very argonet.
MSU-when I was in H.S. I thaught that the crowds were great but it seems
to me that after MSU won the NCAA in 1986 MSU crowds became arrogant and
anything less than another national championship was a bad season,
consquently Munn became very quiet. I have also notice several altercation
between MSU fans and other fans both in Kalamazoo and at the Joe.  However
not being invovled I don't know who started the fights.
Norte Dame-Never been there but in the early 80's before they elimanted
hockey, ND has this fan who travlled around with an air horn, very
annoying, very effective.
OSU-Never been there but I have heard that its not very exciting.
WMU-If Western is having a good season or if its a big game the crowds are
large and nosiy. However if the the game isn't that important or Western
is having a bad season, Lawson is a big barn. T.R. Reid is the best P.A.
announcer in hockey and once had the Lake St. coach complain to the
Detroit News about him. Any notice that T.R. does his pre-game
introduction in both French and English.
UIC-This place is truely dead. I was there for two play-off series and
have never seen a more lifeless crowd. Of course part of the problem may
be the building is way to big for the sort of crowds they draw.

Well that's my opinion, have a nice holiday season

David