From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1993 10:01:00 PST
From my previous post...
>Comments: Well, there are a couple of discrepancies.  The obvious
>one is that Loges came in with 9:15 gone, not 9:15 remaining.
>(Al's losing out on 1:30 of shutout time...maybe this is how
>Shields goals-against remains low. :-)  The more complicated
>problem is the power play situation.  I'm assuming that Knuble will
>be credited with a power play goal since the team is listed as 3
>for 7.  However, I have Michigan at 3/8 and Western at 1/6.  *IF*
>at the time of the Oliver goal, Ward is removed from the box rather
>than Zimmerman, then the official box would be correct at 3/7 and
>1/7.  But I distinctly remember Zimmerman coming out and Brekke
>(WMU captain) barking (or should that be bucking) his head off
>about it.  Either my keen sense of observation (ha!) has failed me
>or the summary is incorrect.  (And their still spelling FEDOROV
>wrong.  Poor Anton, he should has stuck with Fiodorov and corrected
>everyone on the pronunciation.)  Hmm...

So far, everything points to Knuble being correctly credited with a ppg and
Loges getting his 10:45.  (At least, they were correctly done in the
official CCHA stats.)  The only remaining *possible* dicrepancy is the power
play attempts.  This has somewhat restored my faith in "official"
statistics.

  John H
  U Mich