From:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david weinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1993 16:39:28 -0600
On Mon, 22 Nov 1993, Droopy wrote:

> I realize that I might get flamed for this but my question regarding
> a recent post on Terreri is this:
>
> The poster said that he would never forgive Terreri for taunting
> the crowd after the MSU-PC game.
>
> My question is: if the crowd taunts a player all night long and the player
> performs well (even if he wins), why is it any worse for him to give
> back the same treatment to the fans that he received all night?
>
> Just a question...
>
> BRI
>
> PS- I'm not encouraging it, just speculating.

A two part answer to the question.

First I was at that game and Terreri did more than taunt the crowd after
the game he also taunted them during the game and said some pretty
outragous things to the media before, during, and after the series.  I
also have never liked Terreri since that game.

Second, players should expect to be taunted by the fans, its part of the
game and as along as its not obsence it all right. A player who can't hack
probably shouldn't be playing.  I read in the paper or hera on TV all the
players who enjoy playing Duke in basketball because of the Camroon
Crazies and it inspires them to play better. Not make fools of themselves.

David