From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1993 16:10:10 CST
> Mancini commented that the whistle had blown, play had stopped and
> approximately 5 seconds were run off the clock in the favor of UW. The
> ref agreed with Mancini that had happened but did not know what to do
> about it. Then he skated away, causing Mancini to go ballistic.

Like I said, the officials didn't impress me either night. I don't know
what the rules say an official can do in this situation, but the ref made
no effort to talk to the scorers table.

While on the topic of refs, can an expert answer this one?

Sunday, late in the third period a badger lost his stick, and during a
scamble in front of the net, threw the puck into the corner (*NOT* out
of the rink). The ref called a delayed panalty for delay of game. The
player was not pleased. The bench was not pleased. The fans were
very unhappy. Was this call correct?

        --david