From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1992 20:01:09 CST
Steve Christopher wrote:

>Count me among those who vote a resounding "NO!" for continuation of
>the neutral-ice regional format for the NC$$ tournament.  Just as

On KFAN radio this AM, Doug Johnson, one of the Gopher radio broadcasters
(and publisher of Let's Play Hockey Magazine) said that there was
already discussion about ending the format.  I find it hard to believe
that they'd give up on it after just one year, but 3800?  ouch!  In
Mariucci we boo attendance figures like that.  There were more people at
all three of the White Bear Lake vs. Hill-Murray (high school) hockey games!

>Mindbender of the week:  How did the NC$$ authorities figure out that
>it is OK to telecast to Anchorage, but not to Minneapolis or Marquette?

The impression here in the Twin Cities is that it would have been allowed,
but the cost was prohibitive and there wasn't enough lead time to try
and defray the expenses.  It sounds like there was never any serious
consideration of it until this last week, and TV outlets in the area were
trying to work things out with Tv people from the other schools to go
together on it.  IN the Gopher notes in the St. Paul paper they said
the school had been deluged with calls from people complaining about the
lack of coverage.

Pam
Go Gophers!!!
1991-1992 WCHA Champs!!!