Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1992 08:34:52 EST
BGSU returned to 1980s form for the better part of 120 minutes this past
weekend and swept the Michigan Wolverines, 7-4 and 4-3.  Michigan may own
the nation's longest streak of one-week-#1 appearances as they never fail
to falter immediately after reaching the top.  As for Paul G.'s comments:

>Ouch.  This one stings a little, especially for any of us Michigan fans who
>were maybe runnin' the mouths a little about a nationally top-ranked team
>going up against the CCHA 8th place team.

Another person that doesn't understand context.  If you wish to speak to
me, e-mail me personally and take this crap off of the list.

>Lastly, shame on Michigan forward Dan Stiver for taking the last cheap shot
>of the game and tripping a celebrating Falcon player, and thank you to the
>Falcon for letting it go rather than igniting a post-game brawl.

A final, uncalled for embarrassment for the UM program.  Stiver had played
a great game (#2 star) then ruined any respect he earned with this blatant
cheap shot.  Don't thank the BGSU player for keeping his cool, though.
Thank the two officials who had to restrain him to avert a post-game brawl,
which Michigan seemed to be looking for.  This "If you outscore us, we'll
outpunch you" attitude has got to go.

On a final note, I was supposed to meet Hockey-L's own Keith Instone at
Saturday's game.  I looked for you for one hour before the game and a half
hour after, Keith - where did we misconnect?  I'll catch you in March.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE!