From:
Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 1994 08:45:25 EST
     To anyone who I have offended on this List I would like to
apologize.  While I had read the post stating that their may be
an influx of New Hockey-L'ers I was still Irate at the post.  This
does however bring up an interesting point.  I DO NOT agree with
the current format of this list, however, I have not right, and no
ability to change it's format.  AT THE SAME TIME, I have been
told that under no circumstances shall I belittle a team again or I
shall LOOSE my posting privlages to this list.  WHy?  Because I was
highly critical of MAINE, yes MY SCHOOL'S TEAM.  Not for bashing
BU, or anyone else.

    Now at the time that this occurred I had a long E-mail discussion
about the list and  its rules with Wayne.  I urged him to put
together some sort of a FAQ, one which would spell out the rules.
This FAQ could be sent to all new subscribers, and reposted monthly.
Why is this needed?  LOOK AROUND!!!!  With new subscribers and
heated topics flaming is sure to occur.

    Many of you mailed me personally and told me that I (I) was
out of line (it was "innappropriate) for me to respond personally.,
why?  This individual had belittled my school and cast (another)
bad light on it.  Now if I mail privately, the whole list will not
necessarily see the other view, is that fair?  If people out west
don't get all the up to date news on Miane (or don't follow it as
closely) but read this, what kind of impression does that give.
If we don't respond publicly will that prevent similar situations
from occuring?

    I urge you all to E-mail Wayne ([log in to unmask]) and urge
him to institute some sort of a FAQ, which will inform newcomers of
their rights...  I appologize for the lack of hockey content...

          Pat Ellis