From:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duke Of Earl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 13:09:56 EST
I must add mu $.02 worth on what we have witnessed thus far in Marquette
in regards to officiating.  I know from experience that calling a game
is much more difficult that it appears; however, there seems to be a
perception on my part that there are more calls.

Is there anyone out there who is keeping stats on penalties (i.e. by
offical)?

Bob and Steve both noted that the officiating created a problem for both
teams in the NMU/MTU home-and-home series.  I must add that it was just
horrible.  The only thing that worked out was that it didn't seem to
matter what team the offical made the call.  There have been numerous
occassions when the whistle is blown for a penalty and the team with the
puck is allowed to carry the puck until lost only to find that the
penalty is being called on the team that was carrying the puck!

I feel better.  Thanks.
--