Sender:
From:
John Grover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1993 07:50:49 EST
Mike Machnik writes:

>This will be the last HE Update I send out in November, most likely.
>I'll be away almost all of Nov 12-28: Heather and I get married :-) on
>Nov 13, honeymoon from Nov 14-22, return for about two days on Nov
>23-24 and then head to Vermont for Merr-UVM on Nov 24, then Turkey
>Day, followed by a drive to Ottawa for the National Capital Tournament
>on Nov 26-27.  I think I'll be able to check mail sometime on Nov
>23-24, but that's it.  So, here are the HE scores/standings and also the
>schedule for the rest of November.

  In Mike's absence, I will be trying to keep the scores  and
  standings files up to date for him. A normally quiet character
  on this list, I will remain so -- I have no illusions of replacing
  Mike's concise (and copious!) analysis, but I would appreciate
  any scores posted to the list.

  For those of you unfamiliar with the Hockey-L "archives", you
  should take a look some time.  There is a comprehensive Div I
  schedule for this year as well as an individual team schedule for
  every team in Div I.  These schedules are updated with the new
  scores at least weekly.  In addition, there is a host of other
  information including schedules of all the women's teams, a
  description of the signals used by hockey officials, comprehensive
  schedules back to the '86-'87 season, and much, much more!

  To get a complete listing of what's there, send mail to
  [log in to unmask] (or listserv@maine for bitnet folks), and
  in the body of the mail message put the line
  INDEX HOCKEY-L

  Once you've perused the list and there's a file you wish to retrieve,
  say OFFICIAL SIGNALS, send another mail message (same address)
  and in the body put the line:
  GET OFFICIAL SIGNALS

  This is a great resource representing a lot of work by a few
  devoted individuals. Again, I encourage you to explore it and I
  think Wayne, our list manager, would too.

John Grover
Computing Center                     "If you don't think too good,
University of Maine System            don't think too much."