Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 1991 09:17:00 EDT
A couple weeks ago I read somewhere, probably the Globe, that Lane
MacDonald was back in Massachussetts resting a sprained ankle.

Mike:
>Also remember that Team USA is *very* deep at forward and it might not be
>that much of a surprise if someone like MacDonald, who has been out of
>organized hockey for almost two years and whose health still has to be
>considered questionable, gets left off the final roster.  After all, other
>centers right now include McEachern, Emma, Donato, Fusco, and Drury -
>none of them slouches.

Lane would have to have slipped pretty far not to crack that roster
(IMnsHO). My inclination would be to take MacDonald, McEachern, Emma,
and Fusco (probably in that order), send Drury back to Harvard (we need him),
and send Ted Donato to the Maine Mariners. Of course then there's Pat
LaFontaine. Is he a center?

Tom