From:
Christopher Lerch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 08:50:30 PDT
>THE OFFICIAL SIEVE CHANT AWARD:
>Goes to our travel partner, Chris Lerch.
>While driving to Providence, he was playing EA Hockey on his
>laptop.

With Russell driving, I had to do something to keep calm.

I knew we were in trouble when I saw the race car in Russell's
garage. The next warning sign came soon after we were underway,
when Russell got this strange smile on his face and said, "This looks
like a fun turn. Hang on."

When gently reminded that the speed limit on this particular hairpin
was 25 and we were going 65, Russell's response was, "Relax. The
tires aren't really working unless they're making noise."

And then there was his habit of "drafting" on the Mass Pike....
Well, we made good time anyway. VERY good time.

>THE QUOTE OF THE WEEKEND AWARD:For the second consecutive
>year, this award goes to none other than our esteemed Mike
>Machnick.  After Michigan scored their second goal to take the
>early 2-0 lead and outplaying Maine, Mike said, "this game is over."

Yeah, when Heather told me what Mike had said, it all became
clear - why Maine won the game, and why it took 5 hours to do
so. The Machnik Curse.

Hey Mike, pick RIT to finish last in D-III next season, ok?

>THE HIGH SHRILL AWARD:  Goes to our waitress in Challengers.
> This was her first day on the job, and she was all excited to gee,
>just help us with anything, and golly, is there anything else we
>need, and oh, boy, I can get that for you.  Perhaps the worst part
>was that Chris Lerch was able to imitate her high pitched excitable
>voice so well.  Scary.  Very, very scary.

Nah. The worst part was when she said her name was "Story".
I almost died.

Obligatory hockey note - this was a great sports bar. Each booth
had its OWN TV hooked up to the satellite. So we got to watch
College Hockey USA. They used the term "Frozen Four" about a
half a dozen times and even had it on their graphic showing the
tournament tree. Coincidence? You guys lurking out there?

Anyway, it was great to meet so many hockey-l folks. Let's do it
again in Cincinnati!

Chris Lerch
EDS
RIT '84 & '91