From:
Jim Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1993 12:22:04 -0500
        Russell Jaslow's report on the decline of College Hockey Magazine
sparked a memory of an old debt yet to be settled.  Russell is indeed
fortunate to have received his money back from the publisher, and College
Hockey Magazine is to be commended for its integrity in this regard.  I
was not so fortunate in 1988 when I subscribed to "College Hockey Week" a
flash-in-the-pan publication out of Minneapolis.  I sent $25 for a subscription
and was promised 26 issues of the newpaper, along with a videotape of highlightsfrom the 1987/88 season.  I received only one issue of the paper, and no video.
Nor did I ever get my money back.  Were any other Hockey-L members burned in
that scheme?  The editor, publisher, and S.O.B. who still owes me $25 was
JIM LEFEBVRE, who refused to answer my letters and calls, but told the
Attorney General of Minnesota he had "every intention of meeting the full
obligation to all the subscribers of College Hockey Week."  After six years
I think there is no danger of that happening, but if anyone knows Mister
Lefebvre, tell him I can be reached at UNH, and I still want my money back.
Lesson: beware any publication which may rush to fill the void left by the
departure of College Hockey Magazine.  AND: Avoid any publication with which
Jim Lefebvre is associated.

        Jim Farrell, UNH Dept. of Communication