From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 22:43:49 -0500
Bri-

>Although this request was posted before, the call for courtesy was
>ignored in regards to the Maine-Michigan game so I'll say it again.
>
>PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE RESULT OR THE SCORE IN THE SUBJECT LINE!!!!

>The reason being that many people tape the game while they're at
>work or otherwise away from a TV and by seeing the score in
>an email, it rui9ns it.

I couldn't disagree with you more.  HOCKEY-L's purpose is the dissemination
of information about college hockey.   Readers who would prefer not to see
game results should refrain from reading HOCKEY-L messages during the time
in which they prefer to stay "in the dark."

During the course of the season, I comb the list to find game results to use
in updating the WCHA standings and compiling RPICH.  I am always happy to
find scores included in subject lines.

Also, I believe that Wayne has officially encouraged posters to include
scores in their subject lines.

As Wayne has told us many times, "Discussion of what belongs on HOCKEY-L,
doesn't belong on HOCKEY-L."  Perhaps this point should be discussed during
the off-season, when Wayne re-opens the HOCKEY meta-discussion list.  In the
meantime, since you aren't the list owner, I don't think you should attempt
to dictate the contents of subject lines.

-- Erik