From:
"Scott.Preadmore" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott.Preadmore
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 1994 16:21:00 EST
Kevin writes:
>All week I've been looking forward to SportsSouth's *listed* local
>telecast of the Harvard-Lake State semi-final. A former student who
>gets cable was going to tape it. He just called. The cable company has
>decided there's no audience for an afternoon hockey game in the Columbia
>market. They have substituted something else: tractor pull, fish fry,
>wrestler interviews, NASCAR hot stove league,...whatever they can sweep
>off the floor, they don't care.

Same story in Mason, Michigan.  It seems Horizon Cablevision has
an agreement with the city council that "The Inspirational Channel"
be aired during the day in place of PASS Sports, which is carrying the
game via the Prime Network.  I think it's time to attend a city council
meeting, but I'm sure they will not consider dropping the current
daytime programming....that may lead to dancing and other sinfulness
in our sleepy little town.

Scott Preadmore
Michigan State Univ.