From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1993 09:58:20 -0400
Well, it looks like that from my original list of Div-II/III schools
playing Div-I Hockey:

Alaska-Anchorage, Alaska-Fairbanks, Clarkson, Duluth, Ill-Chicago,
LSSU, Lowell, Merrimack, Michigan Tech, N. Mich, RPI, St. Cloud, St.
Lawrence, Union, and W. Mich

we can eliminate W. Michigan and add Colorado College, Ferris State,
and North Dakota.  On the other hand, it is far from clear where the
total of 49 schools came from.  What surprised me is that most of these
schools are Div-II and not Div-III as I had previously thought.

Thanks to everyone who either sent me a message or posted information.