Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1993 01:27:10 EST
BTW...I want to say that the discussions I've started by talking about the
book aren't meant to drive people into a frenzy or anything of the sort.
Of course I have no connection with the author, I just found the book
interesting and it is directly relevant to many of the things we've talked
about here sporadically over the last few years.  I hope people who are so
inclined will seek out the book at their library or bookstore, and that
those who read it and/or read the comments here will form their own opinion
on the subject(s).  One thing I appreciated about Yaeger's handling of the
topic is that many places, he provides quotes from the "other side" in an
attempt to understand why things are the way they are.  I suppose if
anything, I am a little fearful that maybe only one side of the story is
coming out here, and that's why I added that "final comment" to the "Why
'NC$$'?" post...I also welcome views from people who might be able to help
us understand the other side.  I would certainly be interested to hear what
the reaction was at the NC$$ when the book was published in 1991.

Basically, I'm hoping this will all foster an intelligent discussion and
perhaps help myself and others get a better idea of what's going on, since
we're all, to varying degrees, fans of collegiate athletics.
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)