From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 21:52:11 -0500
Sorry this is a little late (grades due for the kids Monday).

As you all well know, BU came back after its loss Friday night to defeat
Northeastern Saturday at BU 7-2.

Boston University came out as it is felt they should have after giving up 3
third-period goals the previous night, flying.  BU took off to a 3-0 lead and
never looked back from there (leading 5-1 at one point and 7-2 for the final).

Northeastern did not play particularly badly, BU just skated, hit, and played
with intensity that they had not previously shown this year.

Some individual player notes:

Chris O'Sullivan - The player I have been touted as a potential rook-o-year
candidate scored 2 goals Saturday, both on corner-picking slappers, one after
putting the puck between the legs of an NU player to get by him. (very pretty)

Mike Grier - The Frosh I had thought would win "most likely to get splinters
from sitting on the bench too long" based on his first performance, improved
dramaticly.  He got rocked early and that seemed to wake him up.  Although he
is still a long, long, LONG way from getting the Hobey, he bacame an instant
fan-favorite with his crushing power in the corners.  I think the bottom line
is that it appears he was trying to be perfect Friday, and looked horrible,
while Saturday he was trying to have fun, and he did.  Before the end of the
night, he had the fans chanting his name.

The first line - Over this weekend, it appears BU has developed a line that
works.  (It's only one, but it is order emerging from Chaos)  The first line
of Pandolfo, Thornton, and Prendergast gave Northeastern fits all weekend.
It is a relatively small line that, although not Karyia-like, does have speed.
The big thing with them is that they kept the pressure on NU consistently both
nights, getting NU to run around and chase them for 120 minutes.

The other three lines are still being formed, and may be reworked even more if
the injury to fourth-line center Jon Pratt is serious (he left the game Sat).
Bob Lachance is also out with Mono, so we will see who else gets inserted into
the line-up at forward this weekend.  (Grier was in to replace Lachance.)
Second line is big but looks slow, third is quick but inexperienced, and fourth
was a good fourth line with Pratt, without him... I don't know.

The defensemen continue to generate much of the offense for BU, whether it be
rushing up or taking a slapper from the point.

Herlofsky also played very well in net for BU Saturday, coming up big when they
needed him to.

BU is not there yet, but they are improving.  When playing with intensity, BU
is a very good team; when playing without it...

Just the humble bablings of a crazed hockey fan...

Tony  BU'92'93
Former Ogre