From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1993 20:58:17 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> "Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Earlier this year, the Clarkson-RPI game at Clarkson was shown on
>satellite throughout the country at local sports bars to the alumni
>associations of both schools.  My understanding is that this is
>something that Clarkson has been doing a couple of times a year for the
>last few years.  Does anyone know what games Clarkson intends to do
>this for in the upcoming year?  At least here in Washington the showing
>was very well attended and even spilled over to a second location.  A
>couple of posts that I read at the time on Hockey-L showed that some
>other sites also had large turnouts.  I would like to hear that they
>will do it again for the RPI game, but I might be interested in going
>against another school if they allow outsiders.

Clarkson does this annually with one game.  They broadcast the thing to
a nationwide audience in the manner you were describing, and last year
it happenend to be the RPI game.

As for this year, I highly doubt it will be the RPI, as Clarkson likes to have
this event in February sometime, and the RPi game at Cheel is in november.

*  Jayson Moy                   *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer  *
*  [log in to unmask]                 *  Hockey on 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy              *
*                               *  And Rensselaer Baseball too! And coming   *
*                               *  This Fall: Rensselaer Football!!          *