From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1993 11:41:23 -0500
>From: "Scott Bryan Finland, USA" <[log in to unmask]>
 (stuff deleted)
>Nov. 26-27              Wisconsin, Minnesota            Palace of Auburn Hills

stuff deleted>

>* What's this about Wisconsin and Minnesota on Nov. 26-27?  Is this in addition
>to the proposed Big Ten Tournament, or some other event?  Looks interesting, an
>I've never been to a hockey game at the Palace....  Speaking of the Big Ten
>tourney, is there any info available from the other schools that might partici-
>pate?  Our ticket office said that there was no information (teams involved,
>location, etc) available, which made me wonder about this one.  Anyone?

This IS the Big Ten Tourney, now refered to as the CCHA/WCHA Challenge, I
believe.  To avoid having two WCHA and CCHA teams play each other, however,
it won't really be a tournament format;  Minnesota and Wisconsin will each
play Michigan and Michigan State.  (Also, by changing the name, they
don't have the complication of having to include OSU)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Champions!!!

PS In today's Minnesota Daily, it says that Gopher winger Jeff Nielsen has
elected to skip the first Olympic hockey camp this week in favor of playing
in the NC$$ tournament with the golf team.  (That makes 2 NC$$ tourneys
for him this year!)  Any word on other invitees?  I heard that the Gophers'
Darby Hendrickson was invited to this camp, and Craig Johnson was invited
to some sort of Olympic tryout (I don't know if that'd be this camp or not.)