From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1993 17:50:20 -0500
I haven't seen any other comments from the Minnesota contingent about this
ECAC recruit:

>Dartmouth
>
>Scott Baker, G
>Ben Butters, D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This would be the son of Gophers assistant (and former NHL and WHA defenseman)
Bill Butters.
He's a fairly good student (I can't recall if he's A or B Honor Roll) at
White Bear Lake Area High School (gotta get a plug in for old WBL, right,
Lisa?).  but I didn't realize the University of Minnesota paid Bill so well
that he could send his son to an Ivy League school.  Must be those summer
hockey schools!  :-)

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!