From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1993 14:44:17 GMT
A little more on the RPI Invitational Field.
It seems that the 2 teams (one of these 2) that RPI really wanted to
come was either North Dakota or Notre Dame.  RPI REALLY wanted Notre Dame
to come due to their large fan base for all sports. This is the right
direction, since RPI realizes that they must get attendance up and make
the tournament prestigious as Maine has done with the Dexter.

As for moving to the Knick, I had a little conversation about that
with some of the people in the know, and it seems that a move to the
Knick would take away the identity of the Invitational.  The tradition
of the Fieldhouse seems to get things rolling around here. That is the
same problem that they are having deciding if they want a corporate
sponsor or not.

One more thing, I have the dates wrong, it should read:

December 29

UMass-Lowell vs. Army   5:00 PM
RPI vs. UMass-Amherst   8:00 PM

December 30

Consolation Game        5:00 PM
Championship Game       8:00 PM

* Jayson Moy                    * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer   *
* [log in to unmask]                  * Hockey on 91.5FM WRPI, Troy                *
*                               * And Rensselaer Baseball now too!!!         *