From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1993 14:18:41 EDT
>A local radio station announced that the ECAC is expected to
>announce that the 1994 and 1995 ECAC Tournaments will be awarded
>to Lake Placid. This despite a strong bid by Albany's Knickerbocker
>Arena. The deciding factro was reportedly that the ECAC wanted a two
>year committment. The Knick is scheduled to host NC$$ first and second
>round basketball games in 1995 which would coincide with the ECAC
>phinal phour. The ECAC finals in Lake Placid, this year, drew around
>8000 fans (out of 9000 seats). The ECAC is expected to make a formal
>announcement this afternoon.

It seems like this grim report is true.  The Times-Union also heard the report
with a full story in tomorrow morning's paper.  The T-U is only awaiting
official confirmation from the ECAC this afternoon.  The T-U is also trying to
find out any current information on the siting for next spring's NC$$
regionals.  I don't need to add my feelings about this unsavory development,
but if Albany loses the regionals...shades of 1992.
                    _
            "NYS   // Hockey"
        Go 'Gate  //   Brian Morris
          Go RPI //      Albany, NY
         (______/
First Turgeon is knocked out of the playoffs, now the Knick!  I love hockey.