From:
Paulette Dwen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1993 12:49:33 -0500
Bill Fenwick pointed out that since Ted Drury has spent a season with the
Olympic team after he matriculated at Harvard, he may have to choose between
the '94 Olympics and his last year of NC$$ eligibility.  (This of course is
assuming he will make the Olympic team and the NC$$ doesn't make an exception
for players who want to play in two Olympics and four years in the NC$$.)
My question is, do people think he will choose Team USA over Harvard?  I have
gotten the impression that he might stay in Cambridge.  In an interview I saw
(I think it was during Beanpot coverage) he talked about how much he loved
Harvard.  I don't think he would give up his senior year on the team to play
in the Olympics since he has already played with team USA

The other reason I think he might stay in Cambridge is that Harvard players
rarely leave early to go pro (at least I can't think of any off the top of
my head).  A degree from Harvard is a valuable asset.  If you are going to
put in another year's worth of work to earn it, you might as well play hockey
there at the same time.

Paulette Dwen
Cornell '91
Let's Go Red!