From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 15:31:26 -0600
Well.... my flight to Chicago and then San Jose has been cancelled...
(for a wimpy spring snow/rain storm!). They put me on another flight
and I get to San Francisco at midnight.... so I finally have time to
post something about the league tournaments.

First, congrats to the Minnesota Golden Gophers. They played a solid,
aggressive game Friday afternoon, beating the Badgers in OT. Wisconsin
could have won it, but I think Minnesota really was the better team
that day. Congrats again, for winning on the Broadmoor Cup on
Saturday.

I am impressed with Northern Michigan (but still surprised they made
the NC$$ 12). They won two out of three on consecutive nights.
(fortunatly for the WCHA, the 5-vs-4 "playin" will probably never be
seen again... they probably go back to an 8-team tourney next year).

I may be out of touch for the rest of this week, but I have the
Milwaukee contingent working on the hockey-l get together. We'll
send out email as soon as we know some details...

See you all (all?) in Milwaukee, and good luck to everyone in the
regionals!

        --david

--------
david parter                            university of wisconsin -- madison
[log in to unmask]                           computer sciences department