Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1993 08:20:10 EST
OK, last posting from me on the subject, I promise.  :-)

1989: What Mike posted is all well in good, but no one is defending
Michigan for a 1989 berth.  C'mon guys, we're in 100% agreement, let's
stop flogging the 1988-89 maize and blue.

1990: Mike's unbiased view sheds a better perspective on Michigan's
troubles. :-)  Their 2-3-0 record versus BG sealed their fate.  Of
course, being kicked around all season by MSU and LSSU didn't help
either.  I don't recall all of the 1990 NC$$ tourney teams, but UM
was 5-10-2 against the ones I do remember (hence, 19-2-4 against the
remainder of the country).

As for the "3rd CCHA bid", of course it doesn't exist, but anyone
who thought that only 2 CCHA teams would go in 1990 is fooling
themselves, IMHO.  The 3rd CCHA bid wasn't 100% guaranteed (neither
was the 2nd), but it was as good as an unwritten rule (again, IMHO).

The thing that really burns me is that Michigan had a better record
than BG, and beat BG down the stretch (CCHA consolation), but the NC$$
did things "by the book" and BG was the choice.  Maybe the "book" is
what we (UM fans) should be attacking.  :-)

Also, BG had a representative on the selection committee.  UM did not.

  John H
  U Mich (in in '93!??)