Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1993 12:02:56 EST
I've received two private messages that lead me to believe I need to
clarify my last post.  Michigan did NOT deserve an NC$$ bid in 1989.
I include information on 1989 to support my stance for Michigan
deserving a bid in 1990.

In 1989, the 5th place CCHA team (BGSU) defeated the 3rd place CCHA
team (UIC) in the consolation game of the CCHA tournament.  The NC$$
presumably placed a good deal of importance on that outcome because
BGSU went on to the NC$$ tourney.

In 1990, the 4th place team (Michigan) defeated the 3rd place team
(BGSU) in the CCHA consolation game.  BGSU and Michigan were battling
for the 3rd and final CCHA berth in the NC$$ tournament.  Looking
back to the 1989 selection of BGSU, one would think that Michigan's
victory in the 1990 consolation game was of some importance.  Apparently
not, because BGSU still got the nod.

This example is one of my arguments for Michigan's inclusion in 1990.
Obviously it can't be changed -- I'm just attempting to add a Western
example to the SLU snubbing debate.

  John H
  U Mich