From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1993 17:49:00 EST
Todd Cooper writes:
>I was in Maine yesterday and heard of the news that Maine is 22-0-2 with
>their defeat and tie of Clarkson.  Has a team ever been undefeated in
>NCAA Hockey with a strong schedule like Maine?  Congradulations to the
>Maine Black Bears, and good luck going undefeated.

Only one team has gone unbeaten and won the NC$$ title - Cornell in 1969-70
with a 29-0-0 record.  The only other unbeaten team since the NC$$
championships began in 1948 was Clarkson in 1955-56 at 23-0-0, but as has
been noted here, Clarkson declined its invite because it had several
fourth-year players who would have been ineligible to play in the tourney,
and the team decided not to play without those players.

Even if Maine goes on to remain unbeaten and win the whole shebang, Cornell
fans can still lay claim to their team having been the only unbeaten,
untied NC$$ champion. :-)
---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)    *HMN*