From:
Survivor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 1992 14:40:16 EST
Merrimack plays two games this weekend, BU tonight, and UMass-Lowell
tomorrow night.  Since I just saw a prediction for another game, here's my
prediction for these two games...remember, i've only called one game right
since the NMU-BU championship last year, and even though that was recent,
I blew a call the next night, so I'm back on the losing side.  Anyway, here
they are...

BU  7   Merrimack 4

	In Mid-December these two teams played one hell of a game in North
Andover, and Merrimack came up just short 6-5 as the BU goalie (* I think
it was Cashman *) robbed a Merrimack scoring bid with two seconds left
that would have tied it.  Now BU is on a 9(?) game winning streak.  Granted
BU had a tough time with Lowell the other night, but I think BU is a much
improved team since the last BU-MC meeting.  In contrast, Merrimack has lost
Agostino Casale, and will be without defenseman Mark Cornforth due to a
collarbone injury that may sideline him the rest of the season.  Add to that
the loss of Matt Crowley earlier this year, and the mental condition of the
team after being mauled twice in a row by Maine last weekend, and I don't
think you can vote for Merrimack to win this one.  It will be close
for a while, but BU will prevail, and Merrimack's streak against BU
(* Merrimack has never beat BU outright.  They one a game by forfeit once,
   but.... *) will continue.

Saturday night at Lowell    Merrimack 5   Lowell 4  OT

This one is gonna be a hell of a game.  Two teams that are pretty evenly
 matchedand should give each other a run for the money.  Earlier in the year at
 Lowell,
Merrimack lost by one goal with about three minutes left.  However, since then,
Lowell has cooled off a bit, and Merrimack has started to heat it up a bit.
A good game against BU (* ie, a win or a tie *), and this one could be a
blowout, because Merrimack will come in pumped up for the game.  Because of
my earlier prediction, I'm sticking by 5 to 4 in OT.

Just my opinions...take them with a grain of salt, and remember, I'm too good
at making these calls, so whatever I say, if you're a betting man, do the
opposite ;-)

Kevin

e-mail MIGHT reach me at:

"Second best IS second rate!!!"  -me