From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:27:02 -0500
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:26:28 -0500 "Kretsch, Ken"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Folks,
>
>The 1978 Beanpot was held during the great Blizzard of 1978. BU
>crushed BC in the semifinal game, and both teams spent the next few days
snowbound at the Garden.
>Both BU and BC share the same trolley line; fortunately, it is
>underground from Boston Garden to Kenmore Square, the "gateway" to the
BU campus, so we had no trouble getting home.
===
I seem to remember a TV interview with Jack Parker about that Beanpot and
he mentioned that Jack O'Callahan and a few others got dropped off at the
Dugout (a favorite BU watering hole) on Monday night.  There was no
mention when they left :).

I was talking to a Pro Scout a few years later who was at that Beanpot.
He had quite a few horror stories about the hotel accomodations (no heat,
food, etc), during the blizzard.  He was laughing about it then, so while
it was bad, it was not THAT bad, at least compared to those who were on
the shore.

Joe
Clarkson '77 & '78

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]