From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 06:41:01 -0700
>>> Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]> 04/07/97
09:24am >>>
Forwarded from INFO-HOCKEY-L's on-the-spot reporter,
Richard Hungerford (sorry it took me a bit to get myself
oriented on the phone, Richard!)

Team Canada won the gold at WWC '97 with a 4-3 OT win
over Team USA, in a not terribly well-played game.
===
Last night at about 10:30 PM, the ONLY place that I could
find coverage of the championships was on TSN's web site.

I went high and low around USA Today, ESPN, USCHO,
and NOBODY south of the 49th parallel had a score.  This
AM, I zooming around checking out NESN's sports desk,
nope, no score there.  Even the Washington Post, which
has been giving me 5 lines a day of the championship, had a
report of the Finns beating China, but no USA - Canada.

I finally found the score by going to - yep TSN.

So I give my "tip o the helmet" award to TSN. "Go Deep"

Joe

PS - What time did the game end, anyway??