From:
Kathleen Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:50:09 -0400
Paula Weston writes:

"Any thoughts on Magliarditti leaving WMU?  The paper I write for, Michigan's
Hockey Weekly, reported on its most recent issue that he's going pro."

Ask any WMU hockey fan if they have thoughts, and the overwhelming one is
Mag's apparent lack of concern for the rest of his teammates and the coaches.
 Yeah, he has the potential to be a great goalie, and had a great season, but
the team will be fine without him. Remember, Matt Barnes was supposed to be
the starting goalie until he got his nose broken in the pre-season last year.

The thing that irritates me, and a lot of other Bronco fans that I know, is
that Mags waited until it was too late for the coaches to recruit another
truly D1 quality goalie to announce that he was leaving. UIC dissolved their
program, and WMU picked up a couple of their players, and could've had the
opportunity to pick up another goalie there, if Mags had only had the
consideration to let the coaches know.  To me, that shows a great lack of
respect for his teammates and the program.  Barnes is an awesome goalie in
his own right, and will have no trouble stepping in to the starting
position...the problem now is praying that he doesn't get hurt, and hoping
that they can find someone who can play the position if need be.

GO BRONCO'S!!!!!!