From:
Brett Longdin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Longdin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 1996 11:15:56 -0600
Before you go and rip UAA's decision to hire Talafous, might you take a
look at his credentials. He's guided his team to the NCAA Final Four the
past four seasons, including a national championship in 1994. He has
legitimate hockey experience at all level (NHL, NCAA Div. I, etc..) and yet
Bryan thinks this is the poorest choice UAA could have made.

I'd be thankful if I was at Stout that you won't have to face him next
year. Don't be surprised to see UAA make huge strides down the road. It
wasn't always glory days at UW-RF. His second and third seasons were a
combined 12-35-2.

The poorest choice...I think not.

>They could not have made a poorer choice than this. I don't know how he
>got that far in the process. UAA should talk to the players he recruits.
>At River Falls he promised everything to everyone (ice time) and
>delivered nothing. Most of the the UW-Stout team (formerly club now
>varsity) is made up of these people.
>UAA is not all that interested in developing a quality program.
>Bryan
>
>HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
>[log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

"The next thing you do should be the best thing you do."
Brett Longdin

"The Home of Falcon Athletics on the Internet"
       http://www.uwrf.edu/sports/