From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 11:49:24 -0400
I wanted to express my pleasure with the new expanded ECAC Women's weekly
release.  The people at Brown and the ECAC are doing a great job.  The
added detail of the Honor Roll and the short game summaries are very
enjoyable.  Merci!

I have suggested to the people who put out the release that they consider
adding a Defensive player of the week award, like the WCHA.  Now I love
offense more than most people, but I feel defenders and defensive
forwards deserve some credit, and not just when they get a couple of points.
To me stats do not tell the whole story.

Having attended both Harvard Women's games last weekend, I find it hard
to believe that AJ Mleczko is player of the week.  Padding one's stats
against a non-league side can hardly be much of an achievement.  Throw in
a few cross-checks and I really don't get it.  Someone on UNH had to have
a heck of game in defeating Colby in a league match and holding the USA
Selects to only a 3-5 loss.  My point is, what with Info-Hockey-L and
various web sites, I feel a more informed choice could be made.  Using
stats is not always the best concept.

/
 good shooting
 hungerf